Jakarta. The company that owns the tugboat that was hijacked by the Abu Sayyaf terror group in the southern Philippines last month is ready to pay a ransom for the release of the 10 Indonesians who were taken hostage during the incident, a senior ministers said.
“I was told about the decision yesterday,” Chief Security Minister Luhut B. Pandjaitan said on Tuesday (05/04), as quoted by Republika.
Luhut said the government was still adopting a “wait-and-see” approach and that it was monitoring the situation for further progress in the negotiations.
“The ship’s owner has communicated directly with the hostage takers. But the government is still waiting for further progress in the situation,” Luhut said.
For the full article, please click here.