SIA Security Officer Training in Manchester
This qualification is designed for those learners wishing to apply for a licence from the Security Industry Authority (SIA) to work as a security guard in offices, retail settings and other similar venues. This 3 day training course meets SIA training and learning criteria and is designed to train Security Guards and Security Officers to work within the private security industry in the UK. The qualification enables successful candidates to apply for the SIA Security Officer licence.
As a HIGHFIELD ABC accredited Training Centre, the NEPTUNE P2P GROUP Security Officer Training Course is certified and accredited to meet the requirements of SIA approved licence-linked qualification. Successful candidates will receive the level 2 Award for Working as a Security Officer in the Private Security Industry.
Course Info and Pricing
The course sits a maximum of 12 candidates and is priced at £159.99 per person. Our training venue is conveniently located in Manchester city centre and so provides great transport links to all surrounding areas.
Next Course: 30th July - 1st August 2018
To book yourself on this course, click Book Now below and enter your credit or debit card details, once payment has been confirmed you will be booked onto the course and an administration pack will be sent to you which contains everything you need to know to successfully attend and pass the course.
Why use Neptune P2P Group?
- Established since 2009
- Experienced instructors
- Great training venue
- High pass rates
- Highfield approved provider
Training modules and learning objectives
UNIT 1 - Working within the Private Security Industry
- To know the main characteristics of the Private Security Industry
- To understand legislation as it applies to the individual in carrying out a licensable activity
- To understand the importance of safe working practices to comply with legal requirements
- To understand Fire procedures in the workplace
- To understand Emergencies and the importance of emergency procedures
- To understand the importance of communication skills and customer care
UNIT 2 - Working as a Security Officer
- To understand the Role of a Security Officer within the private security industry
- To understand the law relevant to the role of a security officer
- To understand the importance of, and reasons for, patrolling
- To understand Access and Egress Control
- To understand Searching relevant to a security officer
- To understand the purpose and functions of different types of electronic and physical protection systems
- To understand reporting and record keeping relevant to a security officer
UNIT 3 - Conflict Management
- To understand the principles of Conflict Management appropriate to the role of a security officer
- To understand how to recognise, assess and reduce risk in conflict situations
- To understand how to communicate in emotive situations to de-escalate conflict
- To understand how to develop and use problem solving strategies for resolving conflict
- To understand good practice to follow after conflict situations