Salary: £19-£22k basic or United Arab Emirates Dirham equivalent
Holiday: 25 days per annum plus Bank Holidays and lieu days. 30 days plus Lieu days if Dubai based.
Location: Manchester City Centre / Dubai
Days/ Hours: Monday to Sunday (40 hours on a rota and to be discussed at interview).
Contract type: Full Time/Permanent
Reports To: Operations Manager / Operations Director
To support the maritime operations through management and coordination of armed security operators on-board transits to ensure the efficient delivery of maritime security throughout the Indian Ocean (High Risk Area).
- Efficient mobilisation of security contractors, including deployment instructions (flights/visas and task instructions).
- Management of guard schedules and communicating to the Ops Manager / Ops Director in order to recycle the guards and maximise P&L.
- Delivery of key voyage documents (including weapons/equipment/flag state requirements).
- Liaison with keys stakeholders including:
- Clients (vessel managers).
- Shipping agents.
- Other maritime authorities.
- High level of understanding and competence of our internal software system (training will be provided) to ensure the effective delivery of operations.
- Understand maritime flag-related issues in relation to the movement of restricted equipment.
- Understand maritime industry regulations to ensure operations are compliant and legal.
- Respond to critical incidents in a timely and appropriate manner, including out of hours (duty).
- Coordination of manpower, ensuring all security personnel are compliant to maritime security industry requirements.
The Ideal Candidate:
- 12 months experience in an operations/logistics role
- Good IT skills with knowledge/experience of Microsoft Office software.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Methodical and able to prioritise workloads.
- A team player with good attention to detail and target / success driven.
- Flexible in their approach to working hours / routine.
If you feel you are the ideal candidate APPLY today!
Keyword: Operations management, logistics, team working, planning, problem solving, communication, IT, initiative, Operations, resource management, manpower coordination, security management, security operations, maritime logistics.